Domestic Relations

New and subsequent filings may be made in domestic relations cases.

The following types of new actions may be initiated:

  • Dissolution
  • Custody/Visitation
  • Uniform Interstate Family Support Act

Special filing actions are available for dissolution and custody cases. When filing a motion or other document into an existing case, the filer will see a checkbox that says “Domestic & Family.” By checking this box, special actions for these cases become available.

domestic and family

Filing a VS-300 Form

When initiating a dissolution of marriage case, a VS-300 form is to be uploaded through eFiling. However, the Office of Vital Statistics also requires that an original VS-300 be submitted to the circuit clerk conventionally. VS-300 forms must be mailed or hand-delievered to the clerk’s office prior to the issuance of the decree.